Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

Project 52: Week of March 12

Another slowish week, though with a couple of interesting (in my mind, at least) twists.  The Bean and I continue with our guitar lessons.  We've reached a point, though, where Lena is just picking up on things much quicker than I am.  I end up sitting in the studio holding my guitar while she and the instructor accelerate past me.  I think we're quickly coming to a point where maybe it's not worth me being there.  So, I think I'll let the Bean continue with private lessons and maybe I'll do some practicing on my own and maybe revisit lessons a little later on.

I have also started reading a new book that I picked up by Nobel laureate (economics) Daniel Kahneman entitled Thinking, Fast and Slow.  An intriguing read.  Kahneman weaves a fascinating story about how we think, dividing our thinking processes into two inter-related systems - one that is automatic and routine (having a normal chat with a friend or navigating a car on an empty road), and one that requires closer attention and greater effort (multiplying two two digit numbers in your head).  I've only read two chapters, but already I am enthralled.  I'll keep you posted as I move along.

That's about it for this week.  The weather here in Canada's capital city has been summer-like and will continue to be throughout the coming week, so I'm hoping I'll be able to tackle a bit more.  All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment