Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Canada Day and Independence Day

I just want to wish my Canadian readers a very happy Canada day.  Kate, the Bean and I are lucky to be living in Ottawa and to be able to celebrate with what is unquestionably the largest Canada Day Party in the world, although we won't be partaking this year.  We hope to catch a sight of Canada's aerobatic team, the Snowbirds, though, since we live quite close to the airport.  I hope wherever you are, you take a moment to reflect on what a great country we live in.

I also want to wish our American friends a very happy Independence Day.  The U.S. will be celebrating its 236th birthday this year, an older cousin to Canada's 145 years old.  We had the pleasure of being in Boston last year for the Fourth of July celebrations and it was something to behold.

A toast to both countries.  Cheers.

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment