Pages

Monday 23 July 2012

Project 52: Week of July 23

I continue to make some progress on a number of fronts:

Lose 35 lbs:  When I wrote this, I expect I weighed a good bit less than the maximum I reached at the beginning of April, so I will amend this to lose 40 lbs., or achieve a weight 190 lbs.  Through exercise and trying to being a little more disciplined about what I eat, I have lost 14 lbs since my birthday on April 10.

Get into shape to run 10K:  I have began running again and am taking it very slowly.  On a running day I probably cover in the nieghbourhood of 6 kms, of which I run about 2 kms and walk the rest.  So far, this is working well for me; I have very little of the shin pain I have gotten in previous attempts.


Resolve my depression:  I feel like I have made progress on this front, although I still have a long way to go.  I have felt better these last couple of weeks than I have in a long time.

Learn Calligraphy:  I have a good friend, Elizabeth, who came for a visit from Hong Kong yesterday and she and her family came bearing gifts.  She saw on my Project 52 blog posts that I am interested in calligraphy, so she brought my wife, daughter and me each a Chinese calligraphy workbook, a brush and a bottle of ink.  An incredibly thoughtful person is our Liz.  So the three of us have been trying our hand at it and thoroughly enjoying it.  I hope to do a separate blog post on this shortly.

Clean out gardens:  I have cleaned all the overgrowth out of one of our front garden.

Build a crystal radio with the Bean:  While vacationing in Oakville recently, we went to a great little toy store called Mastermind Toys, where we bought an electronics kit for building an FM radio.  I'm not sure it qualifies as a crystal radio, but it's in the right neighbourhood.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been making some great progress on your list!

    I totally get where you're coming from on the depression battle. I've learned in the last couple of weeks that it's very much two steps forward and one step back.

    ReplyDelete