Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

The CIBC Run for the Cure

As many of my readers know, my wife Kate has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She has decided that she wants to participate in Ottawa's edition of the CIBC Run for the Cure in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. which will take place on September 30th.  To support her and this cause, the Bean and I will be walking right beside her.  Please see Kate's blog for more information.

Normally, I'm not a fan of canvassing for funds.  I really don't like asking people to part with their hard earned dollars, especially when we are all bombarded daily with requests for donations from myriad charities.  Just because I may be a neighbour or friend, I don't want anyone to feel obligated.  Having said that, I have a vested interest in this one, and if anyone out there would like to make a donation, I would be deeply grateful and you can sponsor me with a donation online at this link.  Or you may want to consider participating in an event in your city.  Or not.  (My God, I'm the king of the soft-sell)

In any case, I appreciate you stopping by and giving this a read.  I hope you all take care.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to oblige. I'll check out her blog. Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete